Who we are:
New Piney Grove Baptist Church (NPGBC) is a body of believers that exists to minister to the saved and seek out and lead those who are lost to God.
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost. (Luke 19:10)
The church's mission is to train and equip the membership to fulfill this purpose.
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:20)
- We are a learning church. We believe in studying to show ourselves. We believe that God will guide us in His Word.
- We are a worshipping church. We come together to reflect upon God's goodness and show our appreciation to Him.
- We are an enriching church. There are many ministry activities designed to enhance and encourage Christian growth in our church family. The development of God's people, both young and old, is essential to the growth of God's Kingdom.
- We are a friendly church. Relationships with others are very important to our church family. As we fellowship with God we must do the same within our family.
- We are a serving church. We are commissioned to go. Our goal is to lead and fed as God instructed. Our job goes beyond our church walls.
Whether you are searching for a church home, permanently or temporarily, or you just need a place to worship you are welcome to worship with us.
What we believe:
- We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God. We believe the Bible is without error, being the revelation of the mind of God given unto man. It is the sufficient guide for salvation and a standard for Christian living.
- We believe in one God, the creator of all things who is pre-existent and eternal revealing Himself unto man in three distinct manifestations, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ as being one with the Father. He is God in the flesh, begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and gave up that life for the redemption of mankind.
- We believe in the sinful nature of man, resulting from the fall of Adam in the Garden of Eden. Thus, mankind is unable to save himself from eternal punishment by his own works.
- We believe in the finished work of Jesus on the cross, a sacrifice for the complete salvation of all who believe. God having accepted the sacrifice, raised Jesus from the dead and exalted Him to His own right hand in Heaven, where He intercedes daily on our behalf. He is the head of the church, the Lord of the believer, High Priest over the House of God and advocate for the family of God.
- We believe that salvation is by faith alone, apart from any works or human merit.
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. (Galatians 2:16)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-10)