Who and what we believe has a big influence on what we say and do. It affects how we are and how we view and treat others. Here are six points that outline what we believe based on what God has revealed in the scripture by His Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God. We believe the Bible is without error, being the revelation of the mind of God given unto man. It is the sufficient guide for salvation and a standard for Christian living.
- We believe in one God, the creator of all things who is pre-existent and eternal revealing Himself unto man in three distinct manifestations, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ as being one with the Father. He is God in the flesh, begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life and gave up that life for the redemption of mankind.
- We believe in the sinful nature of man, resulting from the fall of Adam in the Garden of Eden. Thus, mankind is unable to save himself from eternal punishment by his own works.
- We believe in the finished work of Jesus on the cross, a sacrifice for the complete salvation of all who believe. God having accepted the sacrifice, raised Jesus from the dead and exalted Him to His own right hand in Heaven, where He intercedes daily on our behalf. He is the head of the church, the Lord of the believer, High Priest over the House of God and advocate for the family of God.
- We believe that salvation is by faith alone, apart from any works or human merit.
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. (Galatians 2:16)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-10)